Sample Interview Questions & Video Examples
Sample Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you expect to be doing 10 (or perhaps 20) years from now?
- Why do you want to be a physician/dentist/etc.?
- This may be asked as or followed up with: When and how did you first become interested in healthcare?
- Do you have any work experience in a clinical setting? How did this affect you?
- Why are you pursing X as opposed to Y?
- Why are you pursing osteopathic medicine as opposed to allopathic?
- Why are you interested in becoming a PA as opposed to a nurse?
- What do you do for enjoyment?
- This may include such questions as: What do you like to read, or what were the last three books you read? How do you stay physically fit? What are your hobbies, what sports do you enjoy, or what extracurricular activities do you participate in?
- What are your plans if you are not accepted into any program this year?
- Are you more interested in a clinical practice or research? Have you had any research
- If the answer is yes, you will usually be asked to discuss the research in some detail.
- Why did you apply to this particular school? Where else have you applied/been interviewed/been accepted? Which school is your first choice?
- How do you plan to finance your education?
- Are there any healthcare professionals in your immediate family?
- Why did you attend your particular undergraduate institution? Why did you choose your particular major? Do you feel that you obtained an excellent education there? Why or why not?
- I have read your application thoroughly, tell me something about yourself that I do not know.
- Can you give an example of a time you failed at something?
Check out our MMI Best Practices Video and MMI virtual station examples to help you prepare for your professional school interview below.
MMI Best Practices/Video Examples:
MMI Best Practices