Becoming an Ambassador
Pre-Professional Student Ambassadors (PPSA) work directly with the Pre-Professional Advising Office to establish and build an inclusive community for pre-health and pre-law students at UGA. The role of a PPSA is to connect students to campus resources, professional development opportunities, and support/guidance. Additionally, they will promote the Pre-Professional Advising Office across campus and work with campus partners for collaboration and outreach.
Ambassadors are selected to serve for a calendar year (Summer, Fall, and Spring),
and must commit a minimum of 60 hours to the program in addition to mandatory training
sessions and meetings. The distribution of these hours over the course of the year
is dependent on which committee is selected, either the Orientation Committee or the
Campus Engagement Committee. All ambassadors will also provide peer support.
The Orientation Committee is responsible for attending the summer orientations and tabling. The Campus Engagement Committee is responsible for collaborating with partners across campus to build networks and organize campus engagement activities. All committees will report directly to the Pre-Professional Advising Office.
In addition to serving on a committee, all ambassadors will provide peer support by holding walk-in hours throughout the semesters for their peers to come ask questions and receive guidance.
Your two options:
- As a PPSA Orientation Ambassador, you will commit to a minimum of 40 hours summer semester for orientation plus 10
hours in the fall and 10 hours in the spring for peer support and guidance to pre-professional
students in your pre-professional area. These 10 hours will be broken into 2 hour
walk-in sessions a month with pre-professional students.
- As a PPSA Campus Engagement Ambassador, you will commit to a minimum of 20 hours fall semester and 20 hours spring semester
of engagement activities plus 10 hours in the fall and 10 hours in the spring for
peer support and guidance. These 10 hours will be broken into 2 hour walk-in sessions
a month with pre-professional students.
There will be two Lead Ambassador positions available to apply for within this application. There will be a Lead Ambassador for the Orientation Committee and Campus Engagement Committee. The Lead Ambassador roles will be responsible for leading their teams and taking on administrative responsibilities. Along with the hours requirements for the program, Lead Ambassadors will be expected to fulfill to an additional 20 hours of administrative responsibilities.
Additionally, we have one social media pro role. This person will be responsible for
posting regularly on our various social media platforms, creating content, be familiar
with Canva and other creative media.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a Pre-Professional student with at least 30 hours of graded coursework after Spring of 2023. AP credit is not graded coursework.
- Minimum GPA of 3.6 overall (Pre-Law) and 3.6 science GPA (Pre-Health). Transcripts will be reviewed.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- PPSA Orientation Ambassador Committee members must commit to being in Athens during the summer of 2023 and must be available for UGA orientation sessions.
We look for candidates who:
- Have enthusiasm for UGA and their pre-professional field.
- Work well with diverse groups and individuals.
- Can memorize and present information accurately and concisely.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have good communication skills both oral and written.
- Have experience with social media and digital platforms.
- Bring diversity to the program.
- Are team players.
The applicaiton will open January 25, 2023 at 12:00pm. This online application must be completed and submitted on or before February 17, 2023 at 4:00pm.
If you have any questions, please email Michele Johnson (email@example.com) or Lise Kala (firstname.lastname@example.org).