Connect With An Advisor
Advisors in the Pre-Professional Advising Office meet with all current UGA students as well as UGA alumni who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare or law. We offer one-on-one appointments and walk-ins in addition to various workshops. Please be advised that we do not clear students for registration.
Summer 2023 Advising
You can choose between an in-person appointment or a virtual appointment in SAGE.
If you choose an in-person appointment, we are located at 130 Memorial Hall. You will need to check-in at the front desk before making your way to the PPAO waiting room.
For virtual advising appointments, you will be sent an informational email no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment that will include a Zoom link.
Scheduling an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment with a pre-professional advisor by visiting sage.uga.edu.
To schedule an appointment in SAGE, click "My Success Network." You can either search for your advisor by name, or to see a full list of the advisors in the office, you can click "Show Other Services" -> Pre-Professional Advising Office -> Click the appropriate advisor's name -> Click "Schedule Appointment"
If you are pre-med, pre-allied health, or pre-pharmacy, please pay attention to the notes below to ensure that you make an appointment with the correct advisor.
- If you are a in your 1st or 2nd year of school, or you have less than 75 credit hours COMPLETED (not currently in-progress), please schedule with Jennifer Letchuk.
- Please note we do not meet with incoming freshman. If you are an incoming student, you will need to schedule an appointment after classes begin in the Fall.
- If you are a junior, senior, graduate student, or UGA alum, please schedule with Michele Johnson.
Pre-Allied Health Advising:
- Allied Health includes Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Anesthesiologist Assistant, and Genetic Counseling. If you are interested in any of these areas, please schedule with Casey Ellis.
- Allied Health is a massive and growing field in Healthcare. Below are some contacts
for other Allied Health fields.
Allied Health Area
Contact Person at UGA
Audiology & Speech Pathology Domane’k Blake (Domanek.Blake@uga.edu) Athletic Training Samantha Murphy (SJMurphy@uga.edu) All other allied health fields Please contact the Career Center: https://career.uga.edu
- While the Pre-Professional Advising Office does not work with pre-pharmacy students, you can still find support from advisors in the UGA College of Pharmacy. To request an advising appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can cancel your appointment in SAGE or by emailing the advisor.
Note: Appointments are restricted to current UGA students/alumni and are limited to one appointment at a time. Multiple appointments scheduled concurrently or those from prospective students will be removed.
Have A Quick Question?
If you do not need a full appointment and just have a quick question, you are welcome to come to speak to an advisor during their walk-ins.
Walk-ins are for brief questions only (typically 10-15 minutes). Students with longer
questions should make an appointment. If you have a question and are unable to attend
walk-ins, contact us at email@example.com.
Pre-Dental & Optometry Advisorlkalla@uga.edu
Pre-Physician Associate & Veterinary Advisortqadri@uga.edu
Pre-Allied Health & Nursing Advisorcme18@uga.edu