For Health Profession Representatives and Vendors
The 2024 University of Georgia Health Professions Fair
The UGA Pre-Professional Advising Office invites health programs to attend the 2024 Health Professions Fair held in Tate Student Center on UGA's beautiful campus. We will have undergraduate students in attendance interested in a number of healthcare professions, including medicine, dentistry, vet, optometry, allied-health, pharmacy and nursing. Please register through the link below. We look forward to connecting you with our pre-professional students.
Tuesday, February 27, 2024
11:00AM-3:00PM (Eastern Time)
Tate Student Center, Grand Hall, 5th Floor.
45 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30602
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
NOTE: Registration will close when we run out of tables.
- Registration fee is $175.
- Register and pay with a credit card or request an invoice at the online store.
- Payment must be received by Friday, February 16, 2024
If your representative(s) can no longer attend the Health Professions Fair, please contact Pamela Tolbert by Friday, February 16, 2024 to allow the opportunity to finalize our arrangements for this event, as we are maintaining a waiting/cancellation list for programs seeking to attend the fair. Due to the administrative costs for this event, refunds will not be issued.
**Disclaimer on COVID-19: The 2024 UGA Health Professions Fair is an in-person event. If COVID-19 continues to be a factor, and we are advised to move the event online, your program will be given a full refund. We will notify you at that time if the event will be moved to an online platform.
Amanda Spohn (Health Fair)
- If spending the night in Athens, the closest hotel located on campus in the University of Georgia Conference Center and Hotel. For a listing of other local hotels (downtown area - closest to UGA campus), click here.
- For closest parking to the Miller Learning Center (MLC), plan to park in the Tate Deck on S. Lumpkin Street. If parking in the Tate Deck is full, the next closest parking deck is the Hull Street Deck
- You will receive an email with event information and a parking LPR code for the pay machines approximately 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the Health Fair to validate parking in the Tate Deck or Hull Street Deck.
Lunch Order Information
- The Pre-Professional Advising Office will provide lunch from caterer (to be announced) for registered representatives and test prep vendors who have paid the registration fee. There is a 2 guest limit for lunch per school or test prep vendor.
Health Professions Fair Meal Order Form (Link will be provided closer to the date
of the Fair)
Mailing Address for Health Fair Packages:
University of Georgia
Pre-Health Advising Office
C/o Health Professions Fair
101 Sandford Drive
Room 130 Memorial Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602-3100
Cancellation Policy (No Refunds Provided)
- If your representative can no longer attend the Health Professions Fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 17, 2023 to allow the opportunity to finalize our arrangements for this event, as we are maintaining a waiting/cancellation list for schools seeking to attend the fair. Due to the administrative costs for this event, refunds will not be issued.
Directions to UGA Campus
From Atlanta, Georgia
- Take I-85 North from Atlanta. From I-85 North, take Exit #106, the GA 316 East/University Parkway exit. Travel on GA 316 for approximately 40 miles. Approaching Athens on GA 316, (GA 316 becomes Epps Bridge Pkwy) continue until you reach the Atlanta Highway; keep to the right going east on the Atlanta Highway (U.S. 78). This becomes West Broad Street as you approach downtown Athens. Turn right onto South Lumpkin Street. Follow Lumpkin Street until you come to the 4th traffic light and turn left into the Tate Parking Deck. The Tate Student Center is on your left.
From Atlanta Airport
- From Atlanta Airport, take the Riverdale Road route out of the Airport. Turn Left onto Riverdale Road and proceed to I-285 North/East towards Augusta/Greenville. Travel I-285 to I-20 (Exit 46B) East towards Augusta. Travel I-20 to Exit #82, Highway 138 towards Monroe/Athens (left). Stay on Highway 78 to Highway 316. Approaching Athens on GA 316, (GA 316 becomes Epps Bridge Pkwy) continue until you reach the Atlanta Highway; keep to the right going east on the Atlanta Highway (U.S. 78). This becomes West Broad Street as you approach downtown Athens. Turn right onto South Lumpkin St. Continue on Lumpkin Street to the 4th traffic light and turn left into the Tate Parking Deck. The Tate Student Center is on your left. Turn left into the Tate Center parking lot for hourly pay parking.
From Macon, Georgia and Florida
- Take I-75 North to Exit # 187, the GA 83 North Forsyth/Monticello exit. Follow GA 83 North through Monticello and Madison. In Madison, take Highway 441 North and follow it into Athens. Stay on U.S. 441 North until you reach the Athens Perimeter/Loop 10. Turn right onto Loop 10. Exit Loop 10 at College Station Road. Turn left onto College Station Road. Proceed until you cross the railroad tracks and turn right onto East Campus Road. Follow East Campus Road until it intersects with Baldwin Street. From Baldwin turn left on Lumpkin and the Tate Parking deck is the next traffic light.
- Jittery Joe’s Coffee is located on the 2ndfloor of the MLC.
- Starbucks is located on the 3rd floor of Tate near the Bulldog Cafe
- Tate Café: Barberitos (Mexican), Market at Tate (sandwiches), Bulldog Burger
- Bulldog Café: Chick-fil-A Express, Panda Express (Chinese), Niche Pizza Co.
Both the Bulldog Café and Tate Café are located the 3rd Floor of Tate.
Recommended Evening Dining
- Last Resort Grill - 174/184 W. Clayton St. Athens, Georgia (706) 549-0810
- Marker 7 Coastal Grill - 1195 S. Milledge Avenue Athens, Georgia (706) 850-3451, reservations
- The National - 232 W Hancock Ave, Athens, Georgia, (706) 549-3450
- Porterhouse Grill - 459 E Broad St, Athens, Georgia, (706) 369-0990,walk-ins welcome
- The Grill - 171 College Avenue Athens, Georgia, (706) 543-4770
- DePalma's Italian Cafe - 401 E. Broad Street, Downtown Athens, Georgia, (706) 354-6966