Extracurricular & Leadership Activities
Law schools want to see evidence of leadership skills and community/university involvement in an applicant's resume. Look to get involved with extracurriculars that genuinely interest you. Try to get deeply involved with these clubs or organizations. Take on a leadership role. Sustained and progressive engagement will strengthen your resume more so than superficial participation in many activities. Your extracurriculars do not have to be legal related. However, it is a good idea to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the legal profession prior to applying.
Some popular on-campus clubs for prelaw students:
- Demosthenian Literary Society [http://www.dlsuga.com/]
- Mock Trial [http://ugamocktrial.squarespace.com/]
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity [https://uga.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/pad]
- The Phi Kappa Literary Society [phikappauga.org]
- Undergraduate Moot Court [https://www.facebook.com/ugamootcourt]